Fort Lauderdale - Airport (Florida), United States of America
Terminal rental counter and pick-up
Directions to desk
Upon arrival to Fort Lauderdale proceed to ground floor baggage claim area. If you arrive at terminal 1, follow signs to Rental Car Center where you will see a sign for off-site rental car and county bus #7. You will proceed to Count bus #7 where you will board the Fox Shuttle. If you arrive in terminals 2, 3, or 4 follow the signs for Rental Car Center and shuttle to board the Rental Car Shuttle which will take you to the Rental Car Center. Once you exit the shuttle you will proceed to bus #7 where you will board the Fox Rent A Car Shuttle
600 TERMINAL DRIVE, SUITE 302, FORT LAUDERDALE, FL, US, 33315
|Sun||Open 24 hours|
|Mon||Open 24 hours|
|Tue||Open 24 hours|
|Wed||Open 24 hours|
|Thu||Open 24 hours|
|Fri||Open 24 hours|
|Sat||Open 24 hours|
Child Safety Seats: in California, state laws require children eight years of age or younger, less than 80 pounds in weight, to be in a child restraint device. In Arizona, children five years of age or younger must be in a child restraint device. In all FOX corporate locations: Driver with children must refer to the current state and city law regarding child passenger safety laws. Child Seats rentals are USD/9.99 to USD/12.99 per day. If the seat is not returned in the same condition, less normal wear and tear as received, a cleaning fee will be assessed. If the seat is damaged a repair or replacement charge will be applied. GPS Units: GPS units are available for rent at USD/9.99 to USD/11.99 per day. Please ask for details at the time of rental. XM Radio: XM Radio is only available on select rental car classes, including luxury vehicles. Please review your rental vehicle at pick-up to determine if this feature is active. OnStar: OnStar is only available on select rental car classes, including luxury vehicles. Please review your rental vehicle at pick-up to determine if this feature is active. Hand-control vehicles: Compatibility for hand controls varies by vehicle make/model/manufacturer. FOX Rent A Car locations provide rental services to accommodate all customers, and comply with the stipulations of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable advance notice is required; our usual need is 72 hours but this period may vary. This policy applies to our US corporate locations only, as accommodation, laws, and compliance outside the US varies by location. Hand Controls are currently compatible with the following vehicle classes - Intermediate Sized Sedans, Full Sized Sedans and Minivans.
NOTE - The FOX Fort Lauderdale location is moving. Effective December 2nd our new address will be 600 Terminal Drive 302, Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315
STANDARD RENTAL QUALIFICATIONS
Non-Local renters (DL address must be more than 150 miles from rental location) may rent using the following method(s) of payment and must meet all standard rental qualifications, including -
1. Must produce a Major Credit Card or Debit Card (Please see the Debit Card section below for requirements).
2. Must produce a Drivers License bearing the same name as is on the card.
3. Credit Card/Debit Card and Drivers License must be presented at the rental counter at the time of pick up.
Local renters (who have an address within 150 miles of rental location) may NOT use a Debit Card, and must meet all standard rental qualifications, including -
1. Must produce a Major Credit Card.
2. Must produce a Drivers License bearing the same name as is on the card.
3. Credit Card and Drivers License must be presented at the rental counter at time of pick up.
MAJOR CREDIT CARDS
1. The credit card must have the available funds for the estimated amount of rental charges, plus a deposit of USD/150.00.
NOTE - LOCAL RENTERS in Chicago, Ft. Lauderdale, Ft. Myers, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, Oakland, Orange County, Orlando, Phoenix, San Francisco, San Jose, Salt Lake City and Tampa must have available funds for the estimated amount of rental charges plus a security deposit of USD/500.00.
2. Unused funds will be returned through the credit card processor after the vehicle is returned. Due to bank processing, a return of funds can take between 2 to 5 business days to appear in the Customers account when using this form of payment.
3. The address stated on the Renters valid Drivers License will be referenced to determine the Renters primary residence.
4. We do NOT accept miniature key tag-style credit cards.
Please see separate DEBIT CARD policy below.
CASH PAYMENTS AT TIME OF RENTAL FOR INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS ONLY
Note - This policy is held company-wide: with the exclusions of Oakland and Phoenix, who do NOT rent with cash as a rental qualifier at time of rental for International Customers only.
Documents Needed (must be presented at the rental counter at time of pick up):
1. Valid Passport From Country of Origin
2. International License
3. License From Country of Origin
4. Airline Itinerary Return Confirmation
The International Customer also must satisfy the following conditions:
1. Customer must have a reservation (no walk-ins).
2. They may only rent Economy through Full-Size vehicles.
3. Must present a current valid Passport from a country other than the United States.
4. Must present a valid International License along with a current valid license from the same country as passport.
5. Must present a returning airline itinerary with confirmation of a return travel date.
6. The vehicle must be returned prior to the return date and time of departure as stated on flight confirmation itinerary.
7. In U.S. currency, leave a cash deposit of USD/150.00 plus the estimated amount of rental charges. Unused funds will be refunded by check and sent within 14 days of car return.
8. A U.S.contact phone number (i.e., an operating phone) to be contacted in case of an emergency while the vehicle is on rent.
Prepaid Credit Cards from any card supplier are NOT accepted as a form of payment at time of rental.
PAYMENT AT CAR RETURN
Major Credit cards, Debit cards, prepaid American Express/Visa/MasterCard, and cash always accepted as payment upon return.
Upon arrival at the Fort Lauderdale International Airport, please proceed to the ground floor or baggage claim area and follow the signs to Rental Car Center.
Minimum age for renters and drivers is 19.
Minimum age for renters and drivers on government orders is 18.
Renters and drivers under the age of 25 are subject to a surcharge -
UNDER AGE 25 SURCHARGE is USD/20.00 per day.
UNDER AGE 21 YOUNG RENTER SURCHARGE is USD/25.00 per day.
This policy applies at all FOX corporate locations.
One-way rentals are available between FOX CORPORATE locations in Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada, Utah and Washington only. VEHICLE RENTALS ORIGINATING IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA CAN ONLY BE DRIVEN WITHIN THE STATE OF FLORIDA. Drop charges vary by location.
Fuel Policy: Vehicles must be returned with the same amount of fuel as at the start of the rental to avoid refueling charges.
FOX is pleased to offer roadside assistance in the states of Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Idaho, Kansas, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming only.
Fox is pleased to offer roadside assistance in British Columbia, Canada if the vehicle rental originates in the state of WA. Roadside assistance will not be offered outside of British Columbia, Canada.
Simply call the emergency roadside service number located on your FOX Rental agreement holder.
TRAVELING TO MEXICO
FOX vehicles are allowed in Mexico cities/states closest to the California and Arizona borders only when purchasing Mexico Insurance. Please refer to the Mexico Insurance section for the area of coverage that is allowed.
The FOX Fort Lauderdale location is open 5 am to 12:30 am daily.
1. Rates are always displayed in US Dollars at www.FOXrentacar.com website for all locations.
2. Rates for foreign locations or locations that do not use US Dollars as the local currency can fluctuate at any time based on currency conversion rates at the time of pick-up or drop off.
3. Rates that are impacted by a website technical issue, database issue, or other means will not be honored by the location if the rate display was inaccurate due to a technical issue or tampering issue to change the rate display.
NOTE - Fox Rent A Car, Inc. will only accept US domestic Drivers Licenses when renting any Jeep Wrangler. This includes EFAR (2-door Wrangler), XFAR (4-door Wrangler), and XRAR (Sahara). This applies at locations in Arizona, Texas and Southern California